Building Certifier (A2)
- Exciting opportunity for a new or experienced Building Certifier to enjoy job security and grow their career within this thriving regional council!
- Attractive remuneration package plus 9.5% super and salary packaging options!
- Additional benefits include ongoing training and development plus a Relocation Package up to $6,000!
- Great work/life balance including a monthly RDO and a 4:30pm daily finish!
About the Organisation and the Region
Warrumbungle Shire is strategically positioned on the Newell Highway mid-way between Brisbane and Melbourne and features the townships of Coonabarabran, Coolah, Dunedoo Binnaway, Baradine and Mendooran. With a population of nearly 10,000 and a land area of more than 12,000 sq kms, Warrumbungle Shire Council is one of the larger Local Government Areas of Central West NSW.
The beautiful town of Coonabarabran is located on the junction of the Newell and Oxley Highways, and is midway between Melbourne and Brisbane. The town has a hospital, two separate pharmacies, a dentist, a number of doctors, churches, supermarkets, a Bowling Club and a Golf Club. Due to it's famously pristine night sky Warrumbungle is home to Australia's only Dark Sky Park, and the gorgeous scenery is perfect for hiking, with the Warrumbungle National Park nearby. There are also Wineries and Distilleries close by for those who enjoy a good glass of wine.
About the Opportunity
Warrumbungle Shire Council is seeking a personable Building Certifier to join their supportive team full-time in Coonabarabran, NSW.
Reporting to the Manager (Planning and Regulation), your focus will be on assessing construction certificate applications and complying development certificates in accordance with relevant legislation and accreditation capabilities.
This is an integral role for the council and its Planning and Regulation team, who are responsible for the provision of statutory and strategic planning services, building services, waste and recycling service and regulatory compliance across the shire.
More specifically, some of your day to day duties will include (but will not be limited to):
- Ensuring site construction is compliant with the relevant Australian Standards and National Construction Code (formerly Building Code of Australia/BCA);
- Detecting and diagnosing problems with design issues, construction techniques and materials and undertaking the inspection process from foundations to completion;
- Undertaking assessment and determination of development applications relating to Class 1 or 10 buildings, complying development certificates, construction certificates and occupation certificates;
- Performing critical stage inspections of buildings under construction and other building regulation functions; and
- Communicating with clients and other parties including statutory and semi-statutory authorities.
To be considered for this role, you must be a fully qualified (minimum A2) building certifier. You will have relevant practical experience, preferably in a building certifier role, however Council is also open to newly qualified Building Certifiers with previous trade, construction, or similar experience.
You will need an understanding of and commitment to workplace health and safety (WHS), and the ability to identify, interpret, and determine compliance with provisions of relevant Australian regulations, codes, and standards.
Council is seeking a friendly and personable individual with strong communication skills and the ability to work both autonomously and within a team. You will also need to be confident using a range of computer software, particularly Microsoft Word and Excel.
Please note: You will need to have a current, unrestricted 'C' class Driver's License.
About the Benefits
In return for your hard work and dedication, you will receive an attractive remuneration package plus 9.5% super.
Council is also offering additional benefits, including:
- Relocation assistance up to $6,000;
- Monthly RDOs;
- 6.5 weeks long service leave after 5 years;
- Salary packaging options.
Warrumbungle Shire Council takes training and professional development seriously and you'll be afforded access to generous training and study leave to ensure that your skills and knowledge are always on the cutting edge.
Escape the bustle of city life and advance your career with a growing regional council in a beautiful location - Apply Now!
Applications close 11pm Tuesday 19 November 2019.