Manager - Economic Development & Tourism
- Exciting opportunity for an experienced Economic Development professional with a passionate local council!
- Attractive remuneration package circa $79,248 - $90,480 plus 9.5% super and salary packaging options!
- Additional benefits include ongoing training and development plus a Relocation Package up to $6,000!
- Great work/life balance including a monthly RDO and a 4:30pm daily finish!
About the Organisation and the Region
Warrumbungle Shire is strategically positioned on the Newell Highway mid-way between Brisbane and Melbourne and features the townships of Coonabarabran, Coolah, Dunedoo Binnaway, Baradine and Mendooran. With a population of nearly 10,000 and a land area of more than 12,000 sq kms, Warrumbungle Shire Council is one of the larger Local Government Areas of Central West NSW.
The beautiful town of Coonabarabran is located on the junction of the Newell and Oxley Highways, and is midway between Melbourne and Brisbane. The town has a hospital, two separate pharmacies, a dentist, a number of doctors, churches, supermarkets, a Bowling Club and a Golf Club. Due to it's famously pristine night sky Warrumbungle is home to Australia's only Dark Sky Park, and the gorgeous scenery is perfect for hiking, with the Warrumbungle National Park nearby. There are also Wineries and Distilleries close by for those who enjoy a good glass of wine.
About the Opportunity
Warrumbungle Shire Council is seeking a collaborative and experienced Manager - Economic Development and Tourism to join their customer-focused team in Coonabarabran, NSW.
Reporting to the Director (Environment & Development Services), your focus will be on developing and managing economic development and tourism initiatives, marketing, and events in collaboration with government agencies, businesses and the community in order to drive positive economic results for the entire Warrumbungle Shire area.
More specifically, some of your day to day duties will include (but will not be limited to):
- Providing leadership to four direct reports plus a number of volunteers that assist at the Visitor Information Centre;
- Working collaboratively with government agencies, tourism bodies, stakeholders, businesses, and community groups to identify and implement agreed priorities and projects;
- Actively supporting and encouraging the expansion or diversification of existing businesses and attracting new development to the area;
- Developing and managing communications, media, publicity and advertising platforms including digital platforms and social media;
- Actively submitting and securing external grants, funding and other contributions for projects within the Shire;
- Attracting new events, conferences, or festivals and providing project management support to these functions as required; and
- Managing and delivering on community and business expectations for tourism development and economic growth.
To be considered for this role, you will be experienced in Economic Development and have a demonstrated history of successfully driving investment and business growth in local communities. You will also hold a tertiary qualification in a relevant area, and have experience in either a Tourism or Marketing related role.
Council is seeking a friendly and personable individual with strong communication skills and the ability to work both autonomously and within a team. You will be able to effectively lead and manage a team and have previous experience in a supervisory or management role.
You will also have previous event or project management experience, and be confident preparing budgets and managing related financial matters.
An integral part of your success in this role will be your ability to both form and maintain strong working relationships with a variety of internal and external stakeholders, from council staff to industry groups, businesses, and members of the local community.
Please note: You will need to have a current, unrestricted 'C' class Driver's License.
About the Benefits
In return for your hard work and dedication, you will receive an attractive remuneration package circa $79,248 - $90,480 plus 9.5% super.
Council is also offering additional benefits, including:
- Relocation assistance up to $6,000;
- Monthly RDO;
- 6.5 weeks long service leave after 5 years;
- Option for a lease-back vehicle;
- Salary packaging options.
Warrumbungle Shire Council takes training and professional development seriously and you'll be afforded access to generous training and study leave to ensure that your skills and knowledge are always on the cutting edge.
Escape the bustle of city life and advance your career with a growing regional council in a beautiful location - Apply Now!
Applications close 8.00 pm Tuesday 1 October 2019.