Manager - Planning & Regulation
- Exciting opportunity for a Town Planner or Building Certifier to step up into this senior role!
- Enjoy job security and grow your career within this thriving regional council!
- Attractive remuneration package circa $101,375 - $115,183 including 9.5% super!
- Relocation package up to $6,000!
- Additional benefits include Leaseback vehicle, ongoing training and development and more!
- Great work/life balance including a monthly RDO and a 4:30pm daily finish!
About the Opportunity
Warrumbungle Shire Council is seeking a resilient and adaptable Manager - Planning and Regulation to join their supportive team in Coonabarabran, NSW.
Reporting to the Director Development Services, your focus will be on ensuring that all services and activities meet legislative and regulatory obligations, as well as Council policies and strategies.
This is an integral role for the council in which you will oversee and support the team that is responsible for the provision of statutory and strategic planning services, building services, waste and recycling service and regulatory compliance across the shire.
More specifically, some of your day to day duties will include (but will not be limited to):
- Providing strategic and technical leadership on planning, building and regulatory services programs in partnership with key stakeholders across Council;
- Championing customer relations and community engagement in relation to planning, building, regulatory and environmental matters;
- Assisting in the strategic policy development, program delivery and expert advice on planning, regulatory and environmental matters;
- Developing and maintaining sound partnerships and effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders, particularly in natural resource management and planning;
- Undertaking regular reporting on the achievement of planning, building and regulatory service objectives;
- Overseeing the preparation, monitoring and adjustment of budgets as required; and
- managing assets and facilities associated with the delivery of planning and regulatory services such as pounds and off-leash dog exercise areas.
To view the full Position Description, click here.
To be considered for this role, you must hold relevant tertiary qualifications and experience (A3 minimum) as a town planner or building certifier.
You will also need an understanding of and commitment to work health and safety (WHS) in the workplace.
Your previous management/supervisory experience will be key to your success in leading a multi-disciplinary team effectively.
Council is seeking an individual with exceptional communication skills and the ability to establish and cultivate strong working relationships with team members. It will be essential that you act with discernment, integrity and sensitivity when liaising with internal or external stakeholders.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a team leader or supervisor who is looking to step up into this management position and develop their skillset.
About the Benefits
In return for your hard work and dedication, you will receive an attractive remuneration package circa $101,375 - $115,183 including 9.5% super.
Additional benefits on offer include:
- Relocation assistance up to $6,000
- Leaseback vehicle available
- Monthly RDOs
Warrumbungle Shire Council takes training and professional development seriously and you'll be afforded generous training and study leave to ensure that your skills and knowledge are always on the cutting edge.
Escape the bustle of city life and advance your career with a growing regional council in a beautiful location - Apply Now!